On January 1, 1873, the townships of Lindsay and St. Edmunds were added to the union of Eastnor and Albemarle townships (through County by-law passed on June 21, 1872) forming the municipality of the United Townships of Albemarle, Eastnor, Lindsay and St. Edmunds.
On January 1, 1878, Albemarle Township became its own municipality, by by-law dated June 8, 1877, while the three northern townships remained united, with Eastnor as the senior township.
On January 1, 1883, Lindsay and St. Edmunds were set apart as one united municipality, having attained the required qualifications within their bounds, with Eastnor Township becoming its own municipality.
On January 1, 1903, Lindsay Township and St. Edmunds Township became separate municipalities.
On January 1, 1999, St. Edmunds Township, Eastnor Township, Lindsay Township and Lion’s Head amalgamated to form the Municipality of Northern Bruce Peninsula.