44th Battalion

1914 – 1918

The 44th Battalion (Manitoba) was created in November, 1914, and left for England in October, 1915. It disembarked in France in August, 1916, where it fought as part of the 10th Infantry Brigade, 4th Canadian Division in France and Flanders until the end of the war.

In August, 1918, the 44th Battalion was renamed the 44th Battalion (New Brunswick), CEF.

The battalion disbanded in September, 1920. It is perpetuated by the Royal Winnipeg Rifles.

Source:
“44th Battalion (Manitoba), CEF”. Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/44th_Battalion_(Manitoba),_CEF, accessed on June 19/2020.

For more information about this site contact us or visit us online at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre.

© 2015 Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre. Ownership of the images on this site belongs to the BCM&CC or individuals as identified.

Close Menu