Mildmay, ON

Mildmay is a post village and station on the W.G.&B.R.R., six miles south-east of Walkerton [in Carrick Township]. It contains three churches, (Evangelical, Methodist, and Catholic), a cooper shop, woolen mill, pottery, five general stores, four hotels, a boot and shoe store, hardware store, five blacksmith shops, three carriage shops, two jewellery stores, three tailor shops, two flouring mills, a chopping mill, two cabinet shops, a butcher shop, stove store, pump factory, creamery, drug store, saw mill, planing mill, barber shop, photograph gallery, foundry, flax mill, bakery, and 800 inhabitants, mostly German. The village was laid out in 1867. First published in the “Bruce County Gazeteer and Business Directory for 1880-81” published by William W. Evans.

Cenotaphs & Cemeteries

STORIES & ARTIFACTS

For more information about this site contact us or visit us online at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre.

© 2015 Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre. Ownership of the images on this site belongs to the BCM&CC or individuals as identified.