Lindsay Township, ON
This [Lindsay Township] is one of the northerly townships of the Peninsula, being bounded on the north by the township of St. Edmunds; on the east by Georgian Bay; on the south by Eastnor Township; and on the west by Lake Huron. It is as yet sparsely settled, the population being about 200, but is steadily increasing. Over 13,000 acres have been taken up of which only 125 are cleared. We understand there is a considerable amount of good land in this township, but also a large area of rock surface. Small creeks are numerous, and the surface is dotted with a number of small lakes. Dyer Bay, one of the largest bays of the Peninsula, indents its east border. The township has one post office, viz: Stokes Bay, in the south west part, near the bay from which it derives its name. First published in the “Bruce County Gazeteer and Business Directory for 1880-81” published by William W. Evans.