Huron Township, ON
This township [Huron] is bounded on the north by the township of Kincardine; on the east by Kinloss township; on the south by Ashfield township, Huron Co.; and on the west by Lake Huron. It occupies the south-west corner of the County. It is watered by Pine River and other small streams. The surface is generally level, and the soil quite productive. It is well settled by a thriving agricultural population. It is traversed by the southern extension of the W.G.&B.R.R., which passes through Ripley on the way to Kincardine, its terminus. The township has an area of 57,734 acres, and a population of 5,000. There are six post offices in the township: viz. Dingwall, Lisburn, Lurgan, Pine River, Purple Grove, and Verdun. First published in the “Bruce County Gazeteer and Business Directory for 1880-81” published by William W. Evans.