Glammis is a thriving post village in the north-east corner [of Kincardine Township], lying partly in the townships of Bruce and Greenock. It is distant 18 miles from Kincardine, the same from Walkerton, and 10 from Paisley. Daily mails are received. It contains two churches (Presbyterian and Baptist), a shoe shop, four stores, a carriage shop, tin shop, hotel, two blacksmith shops, a tailor shop, saw mill, shingle factory, and 200 inhabitants. First published in the “Bruce County Gazeteer and Business Directory for 1880-81” published by William W. Evans.