Queen Street, Ripley

Ripley, ON

Ripley, (Dingwall P. O.) is a thriving village on the south extension of the W.G.&B.R.R. [in Huron Township], distant eight miles from Kincardine and the same from Lucknow. It is pleasantly situated and surrounded by a good agricultural district. It is also becoming an important grain market, and contains three large grain warehouses, from which large quantities are shipped annually. It is growing steadily, and now contains a Presbyterian Church, four general stores, two millinery stores, a bakery, grist mill, saw mill, two cabinet shops, three hotels, a hardware store, three shoe stores, three blacksmith shops, three tailor shops, a grocery store, butcher shop, jewellery store, two harness shops, a drug store, a carriage shop, livery stable, stove and tin shop, and 450 inhabitants. First published in the “Bruce County Gazeteer and Business Directory for 1880-81” published by William W. Evans.

Close Menu