PINKERT0N is a post village on the Teeswater or Mud River [in Greenock Township], 12 miles from Walkerton and seven from Paisley. It is also one and a half miles from Pinkerton Station, on the W.G.&B.R.R., from which daily mails are received. It enjoys an excellent water privilege in the Mud River, which furnishes the motive power for several manufacturing enterprises. It contains two churches (Episcopal and Presbyterian), two blacksmith shops, a pump factory, hotel, two stores, a cabinet shop, harness shop, two carriage shops, a shoe shop, tailor shop, grist mill, woolen mill, and 175 inhabitants. First published in the “Bruce County Gazeteer and Business Directory for 1880-81” published by William W. Evans.
Cenotaphs & Cemeteries
No Cenotaphs or Cemeteteries Listed