Walkerton Cemetery (Protestant), Brant Township

Walkerton Cemetery (Protestant), Brant Township

This cemetery (at 115 Cemetery Road, Walkerton) was the third to be established for burials of residents of Walkerton. Land was obtained from the farm of Mr. J.P. Johnstone, Lot 2y, Concession 3 SDR, Brant Township. Prior to amalgamation, the cemetery was maintained by the town of Walkerton, and it is now managed by the Municipality of Brockton. The earliest date found on a stone is 1859. After the Second World War, a cairn was erected by the Canadian Legion Branch 102, and a section was set aside for burial of Legion members. It is inscribed: “In Memory of Those who Served King and Country, And Rest in Foreign Fields or at Home, Erected by Comrades Canadian Legion B.E.S.L., 1914-18, 1939-45, Take up the Torch or We Die in Vain. Information provided by the Bruce County Genealogical Society, September 2006.

STORIES & ARTIFACTS

For more information about this site contact us or visit us online at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre.

© 2015 Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre. Ownership of the images on this site belongs to the BCM&CC or individuals as identified.