St. John's Evangelical Lutheran (Old) Cemetery, Carrick Township

St. John's Evangelical Lutheran (Old) Cemetery, Carrick Township

A group of German Protestants had no church within horse travel for families (the closest was St John on the 10th Concession of Carrick). A small church was built early in 1870. It was closed in about 1920. In 1971, cemetery stones were put together on a cement base. (Source: "St. John’s Lutheran Cemetery" transcript, Bruce & Grey Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society).

STORIES & ARTIFACTS

For more information about this site contact us or visit us online at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre.

© 2015 Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre. Ownership of the images on this site belongs to the BCM&CC or individuals as identified.