St. Anne's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Greenock Township

St. Anne's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Greenock Township

Ste. Anne's Cemetery was first established in 1861 at the site of the original church. Five years later, the cemetery, with all the graves, was moved southwest to its present site, an area behind the present-day church. In 1997, the old tombstones were straightened and realigned, and received new foundations as needed. A chain link fence was erected on the southern and eastern boundaries of the cemetery, with a plaque at the north end stating, "Funding for frence provided by Cassidy Family Reunions & private donations." Ste. Anne's Cemetery is operated by a board. Source: Bruce County Genealogical Society cemetery transcription, September 2007.

STORIES & ARTIFACTS

For more information about this site contact us or visit us online at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre.

© 2015 Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre. Ownership of the images on this site belongs to the BCM&CC or individuals as identified.