Salem Evangelical United Brethren Cemetery, Carrick Township

Salem Evangelical United Brethren Cemetery, Carrick Township

The first services of Salem Evangelical United Brethren Church were held in the early 1860s in a home at Lot 21, Concession 10, Carrick Township. Later a log church was built. In 1897, a beautiful white country church was built. The church was closed in 1943. Rev. Paul Erb conducted the last service and in 1945, the church was torn down. Today, the cemetery remains as a reminder that at one time, there stood a country church where people loved to worship. (Source: "Salem Evangelical United Brethren Cemetery" transcript, Bruce & Grey Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society).

STORIES & ARTIFACTS

For more information about this site contact us or visit us online at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre.

© 2015 Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre. Ownership of the images on this site belongs to the BCM&CC or individuals as identified.