Salem Cemetery (a.k.a. Salem Presbyterian Cemetery), Elderslie Township

Salem Cemetery (a.k.a. Salem Presbyterian Cemetery), Elderslie Township

In 1859 when the first church was built on a portion of land donated by Robert and William McLachlin, brothers who lived on an adjoining farms, (Lots 14 and 15, Concession 10, Elderslie Township), land was also provided for a cemetery. This cemetery extends along the western side of the plot and across the entire South side. It comprises part of Lot 14 and part of Lot 15. 290 people are buried there. (Source: "Salem Presbyterian Cemetery" transcript, Bruce & Grey Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society). See also ""Families Buried in Salem Cemetery" by Mary MacKay.

STORIES & ARTIFACTS

For more information about this site contact us or visit us online at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre.

© 2015 Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre. Ownership of the images on this site belongs to the BCM&CC or individuals as identified.