Ripley Huron Cemetery, Huron Township

Ripley Huron Cemetery, Huron Township

The Ripley-Huron Cemetery is located at 1 Park Street in the southwest part of the village of Ripley on land originally pruchased by the Huron Township Council. Plaques on the stone gate posts read "Ripley Huron Cemetery, 1902" and "In memory of the pioneers, 1953". The first two burials were in 1902. In "Ripley and Vicinity History" compiled by Women's Institute, Ripley we learn that a cemetery board was formed in 1931 with their first meeting held in March of that year. In 1945 more land was purchased and perpetual care instituted. The Cemetery is well maintained. Crosses in memory of Ripley-Huron soldiers who made the supreme sacrifice in World War II were made and donated by the late W.J. Crawford. Source: Bruce County Genealogical Society cemetery transcription,

STORIES & ARTIFACTS

For more information about this site contact us or visit us online at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre.

© 2015 Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre. Ownership of the images on this site belongs to the BCM&CC or individuals as identified.