Ebenezer United Church Cemetery, Elderslie Township

Ebenezer United Church Cemetery, Elderslie Township

As early as 1859, Mr. William Hindman sold about one half acre of land in the southwest corner of his farm, Lot 1, Concession 14, Elderslie Township to the Ebenezer Methodist Church for a Cemetery, about one quarter mile from the church. In the 1920s another small amount of land was purchased from Mr. and Mrs. Earl Grant who then owned the farm, to enlarge the Cemetery. There are 15 monuments lying flat in a concrete base and another 16 upright monuments in this small cemetery. (Source: "Ebenezer United Church Cemetery" transcript, Bruce & Grey Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society).

STORIES & ARTIFACTS

For more information about this site contact us or visit us online at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre.

© 2015 Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre. Ownership of the images on this site belongs to the BCM&CC or individuals as identified.