Calvary Roman Catholic Cemetery (a.k.a. Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Cemetery), Brant Township

Calvary Roman Catholic Cemetery (a.k.a. Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Cemetery), Brant Township

In 1925, J.J. Schumacher purchased ten acres of farm land on Concession 3 SDR, Lot 26. This land is between the Protestant Cemetery and Highway #9. Mr. Schumacher donated the land to the Roman Catholic Church to be used as a cemetery. Several people previously buried elsewhere were moved to this cemetery after it was opened. One 1896 death and one 1919 death are recorded on the stones. The cemetery is known as Calvary Roman Catholic Cemetery and is very well maintained by the Sacred Heart Roman Catholic parish in Walkerton. This information was provided by the Bruce County Genealogical Society, October 2006.

STORIES & ARTIFACTS

For more information about this site contact us or visit us online at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre.

© 2015 Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre. Ownership of the images on this site belongs to the BCM&CC or individuals as identified.