Bervie United Presbyterian Cemetery (a.k.a. Old Presbyterian), Kincardine Township

Bervie United Presbyterian Cemetery (a.k.a. Old Presbyterian), Kincardine Township

This area is located about one mile east of Bervie on Highway 3. The buildings of Bervie were first located in this area. A sawmill and a large frame Presbyterian Church were erected in the 1850s, with a cemetery beside the church. The church burned down in about 1870. The Primitive Methodists in the village offered to share their church and the two groups joined. The stones have been embedded into a cement wall. Burial dates range from 1855 to 1872. Source: Bruce County Genealogical Society cemetery transcription.

STORIES & ARTIFACTS

For more information about this site contact us or visit us online at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre.

© 2015 Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre. Ownership of the images on this site belongs to the BCM&CC or individuals as identified.