Armow Cemetery, Kincardine Township

Armow Cemetery, Kincardine Township

A tribute to the pioneers of the Armow district in Kincardine Township stands in a field beside the road on the north east corner of lot 16, con. 6. It is an open type of mausoleum in the form of a rectangle, including cement walls embedded with weather beaten tombstones which bear inscriptions dating back to the 1800s. The first recorded burial was that of Peter Shewfelt in 1853. The last burial was in 1929, being the mother of the late Robert B. Scott (who engineered the mausoleum’s construction in 1925). The Armow Women’s Institute repaired the mausoleum in 1989 and erected the metal sign across the front. Source: Bruce County Genealogical Society cemetery transcription, April 1996.

STORIES & ARTIFACTS

For more information about this site contact us or visit us online at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre.

© 2015 Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre. Ownership of the images on this site belongs to the BCM&CC or individuals as identified.